Thursday, 24 October 2013

Day 15: Onwards

On the train to leave for India Part Two: Mumbai. I'm excited, but I think a little nervous as well. I've built it up in my mind quite a bit, what if I don't like it? Or it's not what I expect (to be fair though, I think that's exactly what's to be expected)? I want to love India, but it's something I don't think one can rush. Perhaps that's why all the locals are so keen on taking their time.
It is strange finally having adjusted to New Delhi, only to leave so soon. I'll miss the monkey madness, occasionally functioning electricity in the YMCA, rickshaw drivers, late night lattes in Starbucks...
The woman sat next to me is singing to herself in prayer. I find it incredible how she can be so open about singing! I'm way to shy for such things, even in church with the entire congregation.
A lot of the locals seem to be wandering out the windows, admiring the views and lose their minds in the emptiness of the valleys we are careening through. A few open up the doors at the end of the carriages to sneak a cigarette in front of the sunset, flicking the ash into the wind of the speeding train.  

No comments:

Post a Comment