The following is an excerpt from my journal, dated 5 September 2013
People say when two people are similar, they clash. Two personalities so similar and yet difficult to assimilate. There are so many conflicting ideas here it is hard to identify and create something whole, but India manages it. I feel I have a similar problem, but I haven't quite gotten to my end point. I am so indecisive and impulsive, and sometimes it is nearly impossible for me to make a decision. I do not know what I want, or how I could go about getting it. I don't understand so many things and it drives me insane.
I need to clear my head, I need to go back home to a place I know and understand.
The more I think on India the more I realize that three weeks here is not enough. Maybe three months, years. I tried to come here prepared; I bought bug spray and an umbrella for the monsoon rains, but there really is no preparation one can take. I should have abandoned my assumptions, come here in the mindset I am in now, and maybe I'd have begun to scratch the surface.
I'm looking forward to going to Mumbai. It'll be nice to see somewhere with reflections of Europe and see how it has been integrated into their unique culture.
People say when two people are similar, they clash. Two personalities so similar and yet difficult to assimilate. There are so many conflicting ideas here it is hard to identify and create something whole, but India manages it. I feel I have a similar problem, but I haven't quite gotten to my end point. I am so indecisive and impulsive, and sometimes it is nearly impossible for me to make a decision. I do not know what I want, or how I could go about getting it. I don't understand so many things and it drives me insane.
I need to clear my head, I need to go back home to a place I know and understand.
The more I think on India the more I realize that three weeks here is not enough. Maybe three months, years. I tried to come here prepared; I bought bug spray and an umbrella for the monsoon rains, but there really is no preparation one can take. I should have abandoned my assumptions, come here in the mindset I am in now, and maybe I'd have begun to scratch the surface.
I'm looking forward to going to Mumbai. It'll be nice to see somewhere with reflections of Europe and see how it has been integrated into their unique culture.
No comments:
Post a Comment